We are currently running a Minor injuries MIU from here at Edenbridge Medical Practice. it is a sit and wait service.
- Injuries (with no obvious deformities/bones sticking out) to arms, legs, fingers, toes and knees. No X-ray is available.
- Sprains and strains.
- Minor head injuries with no loss of consciousness, not on blood thinners and not with foreign bodies in situ.
- Removal of easily visible objects from ears/nose.
- News cuts and wounds.
- Small burns or scalds.
- Small eye injuries and objects in the eye (not in the eyeball).
We cannot treat:
- Any illness or ailments
- Major trauma
- Suspected heart attacks or cardiac chest pain.
- Head injury while on anticoagulant medication.
- Any potential bony injury or fractures- no X-ray available.
- Pregnancy issues, for example: labour/breathing issues/chest pain/lack of baby movement.
- Social problems.
- Drug or alcohol-related problems.
- Mental health conditions
- Dental issues
- Management of long term/chronic conditions
- Second opinion for an ongoing condition.
- Routine repeat prescriptions.
- Abdominal (tummy) pain.
We cannot treat patients under one-year-old. Find out more: www.kentcht.nhs.uk/urgentcare