Edenbridge is one step closer to having a purpose-built health centre as the final bolt in the steel frame was tightened at an historic topping off ceremony (Thursday, 23 February).
Local people will soon be enjoying the new community hub, a one-stop shop for health and wellbeing services, which is set to complete this autumn.
Next week the full list of what could be delivered from Edenbridge Memorial Health Centre will be shared.
There will be a variety of ways people can find out more about these services and have their say, starting with a public meeting at the Eden Centre, chaired by Tom Tugendhat MP, from 10am until 12noon on Saturday, 4 March.
We are aware that there are still significant problems getting through to us on the phone. We are sorry this is the case and would like to explain a little about why that is.
Many GP surgeries across the country are in the same position. We understand how frustrating it can be for it to take longer than normal.
We would like to reassure you we are working hard to resolve the situation.
There are three things that are challenging us:
1. There has been an unprecedented post-lockdown increase in demand. Part of this is because many of our patients have been managing health issues themselves rather than contacting their doctor over the last year and some hospital procedures and appointments have been necessarily delayed.
As confidence in general is returning, patients are now quite rightly contacting us.
2. We have been heavily involved in delivering the country’s largest ever vaccination campaign.
3. We have had to change the way we work to keep things safe for our patients and our staff.
What can you do to help?
– Can the pharmacy help your symptoms? Call 111 if you are unsure which sort of treatment you need. You can also go online 111.nhs.uk
– Use our online consultation system, if you are able to.
– Cancel appointments you no longer need.
It’s useful to remember our teams are on the front line and see both the best and the worst of us all. They work incredibly hard to help patients navigate the system, but may not be able to offer you exactly what you want at all times.
PLEASE BE PATIENT AND COURTEOUS TO OUR STAFF THEY WANT TO HELP YOU .
We are grateful for your understanding.
Make use of the Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC) at Sevenoaks Hospital
Did you know that Sevenoaks Hospital Urgent Treatment Centre is open from 8am to 8pm 365 days a year?
You can get SAME DAY APPOINTMENT at the centre by phoning NHS111 who can direct you to the correct service. We also have a respiratory hub at Sevenoaks hospital where we can book you in to see a GP for all coughs, colds, chest infections.
The centre is staffed by GP’s and Nurses who will treat you for urgent ailments in addition to minor injuries.
You can of course still walk in but in this case you may have to wait a while.
This is a great asset for Sevenoaks so please use it and tell your friends about it.